|SANDRA DE LANDTSHEER
Joined: 08 Jul 2008
|Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:58 am Post subject: Vantage Digital Music Manager:increased hard disk drive size
Vantage Digital Music Manager: increased hard disk drive size
The Vantage Digital Music Manager (DMM) is the most stable,
robust digital music manager on the market - and now it is even better!
The new DMM is shipping with increased hard drive sizes of 1 or 2 terabytes. With the release of Service Pack 1.5a any previously purchased DMM can be upgraded with new features.
- Ripping to Network Attached Storage: Allows homeowners easy access to their music, no matter how large the collection.
- Improved Cover Art Quality and Manual Addition of Cover Art: The DMM now allows the ability to read a higher resolution album art into the TPT music widget. Additionally, the homeowner or dealer can add or edit cover art at any time using the PC UI interface.
- Reorganized Music Folder: Audio files are now stored in their own folder structure based on audio quality.
- High Quality Audio Compression using FLAC: The DMM now supports FLAC(1) audio format. This format is much like a WAV file that delivers CD quality sound.
- Low Quality MP3 Encoding: When ripping music to the DMM, two file formats will be generated. A high quality format like WAV(2) or FLAC, as well as a low quality format like MP3. The MP3 format can be used for syncing with iTunes and Windows media players.
- Public Share: Easily move the homeowner's entire music library without ripping the collection again. (Including music downloads from internet). Additional Audio File Support: The DMM now supports ALAC(3) and AIFF(4) audio files.
- Manual Addition of Share: This allows the DMM to scan music on a computer that is on a different local network.
- Improved Vista and Windows 7 Support: The Vantage DMM Client (desktop software) now includes 64-bit support.
2 types are available
DMM-4S : Now 1 terabyte memory capacity (used to be 500 GB)
DMM-4ST: Now 2 terabytes memory capacity (used to be 1 TB)
We are pleased to offer you the DMM with increased features at the same price!
Click here to download the necessary files and update instructions from the Vantage Forum
Click here to go to its technical cutsheet
1 FLAC : Free Lossless Audio Codec. FLAC is a lossless audio compression format. One of its advantages is that it reduces the file size of an audio program from 30 to 40% (the amount of storage space it takes on a disc or other device) without sacrificing audio quality.
2. WAVE or WAV: short for Waveform Audio File Format, is a Microsoft and IBM audio file format standard for storing an audio bitstream on PCs. 100% faithful to the original source because it is a lossless format.
3. ALAC : Apple Lossless also known as Apple Lossless Encoder, ALE, or Apple Lossless Audio Codec, ALAC is an audio codec developed by Apple Inc. for lossless data compression of digital music.)
4. AIFF : Audio Interchange File Format (AIFF) is an audio file format standard used for storing sound data for personal computers and other electronic audio devices.